The Black Ibis Tarot is our second tarot deck and somewhat eclectic in style. This deck is a companion deck to our first deck the Sepia Stains Tarot and both originated in the Black Ibis graphic novel. In the story the decks are used to play a game that allows for peaceful resolution of disputes in an underground world. The Sepia deck offers character portraits while this deck we tried to recreate scenes from the story. The artwork is done in the style of the graphic novel and features symbolism lightly influenced by the Rider Waite Smith deck, at least as far as the major arcana goes. The minor arcana uses pips and characters from propaganda posters from the graphic novel.
This is the third edition of the deck. We changed the card size to match the standard tarot size of our other decks. The card artwork was brightened up a bit and we added some additional color touches to unify the deck. The third edition will be available for the first time mid December 2017. Please visit our Attic Cartomancy blog to see the previous editions and learn more about this deck.
- Model & Photographer Credits:
- The Fool: model/Bethany Grenier – photo/Bajema
- The Priestess: model/Kambriel – photo/Visioluxus
- The Emperor: model/Emmy Jackson – photo/Lex Machina
- The Hierophant: model/Clint Catalyst
- Lovers/Chariot: models/Audria Larsen/Rachel Finan – photo/Jim Gebben
- Magician/Strength/Hermit/World: model/Audria Larsen – photo/Jim Gebben
- Justice/Hanged Man: model/Rachel Finan – photo/Jim Gebben
- Death: model/Ugly Shyla – photo/John Santerineross
- Temperance: model/Suzanne Gerber – photo/Self Portrait
- Devil: model/Gerald Brom
- The Star: model/Nadja Lev – photo/Chad Micheal Ward
- The Moon: model/Zoetica Ebb – photo/Jhonen Vasquez
- The Sun: model/Meredith Yayanos – photo/Nadja Lev